Being a Guest Poster on the IMO Ink Blog…
Would you like to be a guest writer on IMO Ink?
You would!!!?? That’s excellent news!!!
Here’s what we are looking for!
*You MUST have a gravatar set up before submitting your piece.
Topics We Are Always Looking For:
- Camera Tips and Tricks
- Lighting Tips
- Photo Editing Tutorials (Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements)
- DIY Photography Ideas (a peek behind the lens, how to make something, etc.)
- Working with clients (posing, newborns, how to get them to feel comfortable, etc.)
- Business articles for start-up photography businesses.
- Organizing ideas for small businesses in tight locations
- Small business finance tricks
- Widget/product/digital product reviews
- Inspiring ideas
- Photo tours of your studio
- Blunders You’ve Encountered and Creatively Overcome
- Anything you think might be helpful for upstart photogs!
All submitted articles should have:
- Original content (not copied from another site or abuse another’s copyright).
- You must use high quality photos that supplement your article. Photos must be a maximum of 600 pixels wide at at least 72 DPI preferred with NO watermark.
- Tutorials must be 400-500 words or less- use as many photos as you want though! Remember, bullet points are your friend! All other articles submitted should have 500-1500 words in the body.
- Your tutorial may not be published anywhere else (including your own website). You own the copyright but grant IMO Ink permission to use your content and photos hosted on imoinkblog.com for the lifetime of the site if desired and at no cost to IMO Ink. (We will not use your tutorial or photos any other place but imoinkblog.com). In exchange, you will receive full credit, with a bio on yourself, and a link to your website.
- You give IMO Ink permission to edit – mainly for length and grammar purposes.
- You can not promote a product or business through your tutorial, but you may link to your business in your bio.
- If you want to write for us but are a little stumped for a topic, contact us for a list of headlines!
If you’re still up for the challenge, Submit Your Articles Here!!
We Are Also Looking for FREEBIES!
This little corner of the interwebs is totally dedicated to making sure photographers get the best information possible! This, many times, comes in the form of what we call “freebies”. Freebies are USUALLY downloadable PDF files, psd files or videos/audio files, that our reader can download with NO STRINGS attached!
If you have such a file and want to share it with the great beyond…toss it our way and we’ll add it to the freebie bin! This freebie can link back to your blog/post or download link…but here’s the warning. IF the freebie is NOT quality or just seems to be an advertisement with no real value, we will toss it out like the little fish it is.
So get to loadin’, recordin’, and sendin’!!